Friday, December 18, 2009

Think Before You Honk! You Could Be Honking At An Emotional Pregnant Woman!

December 17th, 2009

I had a very emotional week. How quickly things change. Last week I was happy, even walking with a skip in my step. This week… man, look out. I was a tornado of emotions. I HATE to blame it on hormones. More so I hate that anyone affected by my emotional week would dismiss it as hormonal, but I guess that’s what I’m going to have to live with for the next 5 months. Every time I get emotional I’ll be the “hormonal pregnant chick”… errrrrr the thought of that really gets my goat.

To relieve an emotional moment at work I decided to go for a walk. I bundled up to brave the frigid outdoors. Unforunately I work in an industrial park so there are no sidewalks, but I didn’t think it would be a big issue. I thought wrong. Cars were whizzing by me so fast slush was going everywhere, including on to my jeans! This one car approached me going so fast I totally went off. I put my hand out (like The Supremes did in their choreography for STOP In The Name of Love) and I shouted at him, “Slow DOWN!” Like he could hear me. God, I must have looked psycho. When he didn’t slow down I got a good splash. I looked down at my jeans and started to cry. I called John. Poor guy didn’t know what to do. He told me just to go home for the afternoon, but I couldn’t just leave work because I felt like crawling into a ball and crying. I stayed on the phone with him until I calmed down a bit. Then I was crossing the street and this woman, who was apparently in quite the rush honked at me. She honked at me, and I have no idea why! Maybe I was walking across the street too slowly for her?! I gave her my best glare and then broke into uncontrollable tears!

I do believe that exercise and fresh air are two of the best remedies for stress, but in this case I couldn’t get back to the warmth of my office quickly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment