Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Morning??? Sickness!

November 23rd, 2009

Just when you think “morning sickness” aka all day sickness is over, BAM! This morning, as I was doing my first Josie and The City report at 6:40 I thought I was going to be morning sick all over the microphone. I felt it crawling up my throat, but it was timid, it moved slowly, it wasn’t totally sure it wanted to exit my mouth so it moved at a pace where I was pretty sure I could control it and finish my break. I got out of out the studio fast and went straight to the comfort of my office with a door and suitable trash bin. I sat there monitoring the vomit which clearly hadn’t made up its mind yet as to whether or not it wanted to expel itself from my body. I felt dizzy. I stayed still. After a few moments I felt safe enough to go to the kitchen and grab some Gingerale. Thankfully that helped. I’m officially in my 14th week now. Am I not done with this? I would be lying if I told you the thought hasn’t crossed my mind. I have let myself wonder, “Am I going to be sick all the way through this pregnancy?” But I know I won’t be. I’m being a baby. Ha! Funny! A baby.

Okay, how about we celebrate the good things. For example, I’m still fitting into my jeans! Oh ya! Fourteen weeks pregnant and the jeans are fitting just fine. I do have to confess a little secret though. I’m afraid to wash them. I’m not one of those people who wash their jeans after every wear anyway. I usually go 2-3 wears before I throw them in the old machine. Well (and this is a big confession). I have maybe let them go a bit longer lately. I’m just afraid that when I pull them out of the wash they won’t fit. I can’t risk that disappointment right now. Actually I have mixed emotions, I’m kind of excited to start showing, for the bump to start growing, but I’m not sure how maternity pants are going to look on me. I have a hell of a time buying pants when I’m my normal size. Those maternity stores better have some extra skinny mirrors or I just might go full on bohemian for the rest of this pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment