Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hello, Nice To Meet You

November 4th, 2009

Welcome to… Josie and The Baby

I am craving my mother. Is that a symptom of being pregnant? I haven’t read anything about it on the daily emails I get from WhatToExpect.com. For some reason, since becoming pregnant I feel myself calling my mom more, emailing her more, and every time I converse with her I feel a little bit better. I suppose it makes sense. First of all I haven’t told any of my girlfriends yet so I have no one else to talk to about this little prune growing inside me (Apparently the baby is the size of a prune this week. A couple of weeks ago it was an olive…I love olives.) Beyond that though, and I think more to the heart of the matter, I’m craving my mother because she knows best. She did after all carry yours truly around for 9 months. And she gave birth to me… successfully! That gives me great hope. I spent the first few weeks of pregnancy being scared. Down right scared. I had a bit of an … “Oh no, what have I done?!” thing happening. A bit of an “Oh no, it’s going to have to come out!” thing happening. I think I’m okay with it now, but I’m sure those feelings will pop up periodically over the next few months.

Just today my mom made me thankful for my nausea. She is that good. I wrote her an email telling her that last night I actually thought I had food poisoning because I felt so ill… but as it turns out it was just the prune growing inside me that made me feel so sick. I asked her if she was sick when she was pregnant with me. Then she told me (which I know she’s told me before, but I’m a little forgetful) that she puked every day for the first 3 months of her pregnancy with me. See! Thankful! I can deal with feeling nauseas 24 hours a day, but feeling nauseous and vomiting?! That’s a different kind of miserable. So I’m very thankful I’m not that sick. I’m also thankful that I have the kind of mother that didn’t throw that “Do you know how sick I was with you?” line in my face every time I caused her grief as a child. Mom, I love you! Prune, I love you too… I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment