Monday, May 10, 2010

When It Rains It Showers

May 10th, 2010

I had another shower this weekend! I know I sound like a broken record, but I truly am so fortunate, I know I am. This shower was attended by my mom and dad’s side of the family, the Vaughan’s and the Geuer’s, and it was fantastic.

I walked into my aunt Trudy’s and was immediately showered with screams and hugs and laughter. I was overwhelmed by all of the friends of the family, the aunts, great aunts, first, second, and third cousins! It’s a big family indeed and we’re all close. Being in that room I felt like we could start our own army of women… We would catch our enemy off guard by offering them wine and cheese on platters and our singing and dancing would eventually force them to surrender and join the party.

What I really noticed while surrounded by all the women in my family was how much I’m like all of them. We’re a pretty excitable bunch. The outfits I unwrapped weren’t just “cute” they were “SO CUTE, OH MY GOD, I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!” I felt like I was in a room full of mirrors and echoes. I am a piece of all of them and my little guy will be too.

So now the time has come to wash the new outfits, put together the remaining furniture, get the car seat ready to go and wait. I’m getting choked up writing this… thinking of how close John and I are to meeting the person inside of me. Tick tock…

1 comment:

  1. It has been really wonderful sharing this journey with you. You are truly blessed in many ways. And it's only going to get better when your little man arrives, they somehow open your eyes and your heart in ways that no one else possible could or could understand. It really is a miracle.
    I wish you a healthy baby and a fast, uneventful labor and delivery.
    I hope you keep writing after he is born to let us know how motherhood is treating you.
    I am pregnant with my second and the anticipation of meeting this little one is just as high as the first time. These little people do something to us that just makes us melt, as mothers and as human beings. There really is nothing sweeter in life :)
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete