Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sista's

May 8th, 2010

I have a lot of sista’s! They’re my closest girlfriends and I’ve known them for most of my life. They are like family to me. We’ve been through all the ups and downs of teenage angst together, we’ve been separated by schools and have maintained close relationships from a distance. We’ve experienced grief together. We’ve been in each other’s weddings, we’ve been in each other’s hospital rooms. My sista’s are so dear to me and last night I got to have a girl’s night with a couple of them at my place. John is away so Emily came over for dinner which was so nice. It’s rare these days that we get to hang out without an agenda. Emily has a beautiful daughter who is 14 months old and she runs her own business so she is a pretty busy lady. This is my girlfriend who is all about crafting and last night she came over with a special surprise! She brought all of the material to make butterfly shadow boxes.

Here we are getting our craft on…




And here are our works of art…





When Emily had to get home to her daughter and husband Kristen showed up to spend the night with me. We chatted all about the new house she and her boyfriend just bought (so exciting) and all about the fact that I’m going to be a mom VERY soon. At around 10:30pm my eyes starting feeling weary so I asked her (nervously) if she was getting tired. She said she WAS! It was like music to me ears. Most nights with my sista’s are spent enjoying bottles of wine and talking into the wee hours of the morning. The fact that Kristen was willing to go to bed with me at 10:30pm on a Friday night made me love her even more.

I woke up this morning feeling fresh and rested! Oh, and good news on the hemorrhoid front, it’s not nearly as painful today. I got the Tucks (thank you for the suggestion Mary) and some Preparation H and I am experiencing some relief. Just wanted to let you know in case you couldn’t get my hemorrhoid off your mind. Ha ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. I love your works of art... they are such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete