Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Baby’s Kicking and my Brain Is Shrinking.

January 23rd, 2010

FINALLY, I can feel the baby! As of this week I know for sure that what I’m feeling isn’t just gas. Ha ha! In fact, last night I’m sure I felt him do a full flip. It must have been the delicious dinner John took us out for. My baby already knows the difference between a good and mediocre dining experience.

Poor John is so frustrated that he can’t feel him. I think it will still be a few more weeks before we’ll be able to feel his kicks on the outside. Until then it will be a feeling only I know. How amazing.

So there’s that little update and then there is something that John read in his book* that has given me a good laugh this week. He read that a women’s brain shrinks 3-5% during pregnancy! Can you believe that? Baby brain is not a myth, it’s a fact. Now what is concerning is that the book said the shrinkage “generally clears up within a few months after birth.” Generally?! Let’s hope it does! The other day I called a blue cutting board pink.

*The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips, and Advice for Dads-to-Be Second Edition, Armin A. Brott and Jennifer Ash

2 comments:

  1. Tell John to try putting his ear/cheek against your belly when the baby moves. He should be able to feel it then. Often my hubby would do that and he would feel the baby when I couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YES!! The nugget kicking is so awesome and trippy hey?! Don't you just want to giggle everytime he gives you a nudge?! Poor Johnny, yup, Chris kinda feels the same cause every time I call him over to feel the bean kicking, he stops as soon as Chris puts his hand on my belly!!! We're calling it his "calming touch", but he has got lucky a few times and felt some kicks...it helps once the bean starts a pattern, like for me, after I eat, I know he's going to move and kick, so I have Chris come over and just leave his hands on belly for awhile, eventually he'll feel something!

    ReplyDelete