Saturday, January 16, 2010

Om... GRUNT!

January 16th, 2009

I went to my second pre-natal yoga class this week. It was great. I came home feeling refreshed and happy.

At the end of class we did savasana, a pose where you lye on your back and relax with the intent to rejuvenate the mind, body, and spirit. Our instructor dimmed the lights and played soft chanting. I knew it was going to be challenging to keep myself from falling asleep because I was so tired. Despite my efforts, somewhere between the yoga instructor telling us to relax our mind and our bodies, and me telling myself not to fall asleep, I fell asleep. I was probably only out for a few seconds when I woke myself up with a grunting noise.

I’ve woken myself up before with my own snoring (something I’m not that proud of). The only difference here was that it wasn’t a snore, it was a GRUNT, and I wasn’t by myself I was in a room FULL of women. How embarrassing.

I’ve been doing yoga for a couple of years now and I have never fallen asleep before. Why do I get the feeling this won’t be the last bout of public embarrassment I face during this pregnancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment