Sunday, April 3, 2011

Friend Love

We just had a wonderful weekend with our friends Chris and Hayley and their little guy Ashton. Ashton was born on May 9th and Evan was born on May 19th, so technically there are only 10 days between them, but it seems like more. Ashton is walking! He’s starting to know his colours, he can point to his nose when prompted, he's really a mini-man and so much fun! I guess it makes sense that Ashton seems so much further along than Evan because he was 2 weeks overdue and Evan was 10 days early (because of the planned C-section). I know no matter the age every baby develops at their own pace. It’s just really fun to see what’s in store for us. I can’t wait!

So the two little guys really got along well. Evan absolutely loved Ashton! This was evident from the numerous kisses Evan gave him. Evan couldn’t stop showing his affection for Ashton, it was hilarious. Luckily Ashton was a good sport about it. He even got a kick out of Evan steamrolling him! It made me realize how deprived Evan’s been. While I was on maternity leave we had our little play dates with other babies, but since I’ve been back at work Evan’s really only had adults as companions. Seeing him light up around Ashton I decided that I have to make more of an effort to get him out with other kids his age on a regular basis.

Chris, Hayley and Ashton are on their way back to Toronto now and Evan is having a well deserved nap. I’m already looking forward to our next weekend together. Evan’s going to miss his buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment