Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bye Bye Boobies

I stopped breastfeeding a while ago, mid January actually. It happened naturally. Evan was totally cool with taking a bottle and truthfully he seemed to be losing interest in the breast. I didn’t pick a day as my last day to breastfeed, I just gradually cut back and then decided I was done. I had a few women tell me how hard it was for them and how they sobbed after their “last feeding” and I just thought to myself - mental note: don’t do that! Breastfeeding is incredible, the fact that my body produced all the nutrients Evan needed as an infant still blows my mind. I’m really thankful that I was able to breastfeed. I especially enjoyed the middle of the night feeds, when it was just Evan and I in the dark of the night, not a sound to be heard, it was very special. I remember crying the first time he had a bottle. I got very emotional because all of a sudden I felt like an inanimate object was doing the same job I was putting my heart and soul into (really, because at the time breastfeeding Evan hurt so much I had to really pull from my inner strength to keep going). As I cut back on breastfeeding I got less emotional about it because (on the up side) I felt like I was starting to get some freedom back. That and I really enjoyed being reunited with red wine. Side note – Do you watch Cougar Town? I’m asking for my very own “Big Carl” for my birthday this year.

Since I’ve stopped breastfeeding my breasts have gotten smaller. They definitely look different compared to my pre pregnancy/breastfeeding breasts. They’re… well… they’re sort of limp in comparison and did I mention they're small?! The fact that I’m working out now isn’t helping the situation. Why oh why when I start to work out are my boobs the first thing to disappear?! Why can’t my inner thighs vanish as quickly? Luckily John isn’t a boob guy. He’s a me guy. I’m a lucky lady! If I ever dare tell him I don't like something about my body, he's the first to tell me how much he loves it. So there’s my boob update. My boobs, what’s left of them, are mine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment